Part One - Hope Street
Falkirk's first ever home match versus Bonnybridge Grasshoppers took place at Hope Street. This pitch was located at the site of the former Brockville Park and was rented from local farmer George Morrison (coincidently Morrisons supermarket now resides on this land!) for an annual fee of £12. The ground at this time resembled more of a farmer's field than a football pitch and had a distinct slope which ran from South to North. The image below is taken from a Victorian map of Falkirk and shows the pitch in green with Hope Street and Meeks Road in blue. As far as can be gathered, the club played only one season here before moving on to Randyford Park in 1878.